Amgueddfa Cymru – Museum Wales hosts an evening of conversation with Noel Mooney (Football Association of Wales), Rhuanedd Richards (BBC Wales), Heledd Owen (Welsh Government) and Nia Williams (Amgueddfa Cymru) with Ian Gwyn Hughes (Football Association of Wales).
Join us to hear more about Cymru’s success in reaching the 2022 FIFA World Cup and how sports and culture came together to celebrate and sell modern Wales and its values to the world. The panel will explore the legacy of Cymru’s journey and the wider benefits of longer-term partnerships for Wales.
Amgueddfa Cymru’s World Cup exhibition - Lleisiau’r Wal Goch, Voices of the Red Wall tells the story of the people and communities that make up The Red Wall and is at St Fagans National Museum of History until 17 April 2023.
Amgueddfa Cymru is delighted to be hosting its first event as part of Wales Week London. We are proud to kick-off our Dydd Gwyl Dewi celebrations at the London Welsh Centre, the home for Y Wal Goch in central London.
- Noel Mooney, Chief Executive Officer, Football Association of Wales
- Rhuanedd Richards, Director, BBC Wales
- Nia Williams, Director of Learning & Public Programmes, Amgueddfa Cymru
- Heledd Owen, Director of Marketing, Tourism & Business, Welsh Government
- Ian Gwyn Hughes (Chair), Head of Public Relations & Culture, Football Association of Wales
7.00pm: Doors open and reception
7.30pm: Panel discussion
9.00pm: Drinks Reception
Nearest tube: Kings Cross, Russell Square