Join us for an informative panel discussion and Q&A exploring the various opportunities and challenges facing community pharmacy in Wales.
- Richard Thomas, Editor, Pharmacy Magazine
- Elen Searle, Head of New Directions Pharmacy, leading provider of locum pharmacists
- Judy Thomas, Director, Community Pharmacy Wales
- Gurnam Bhogal, GS Bhogal Pharmacy
With the three-year, £18.3m funding package agreed by Welsh Government and representatives of community pharmacies, now more than ever pharmacists have been recognised for their vital role in our communities and the support they provide the NHS.
Our guests speakers will discuss what this funding means for:
- Improved technology within the industry
- Increased opportunities for community pharmacy leads in primary care clusters
- Training support for pharmacists to become independent prescribers
- Greater access to Welsh GP records
- Further availability of pharmacists within health boards
- Continued and increased integration with the NHS and support of innovative health models
This long-term plan provides some very well-deserved recognition to community pharmacists, and whilst it brings great opportunities, what challenges can we also expect and how can we overcome them to make sure we can support the transformation of the role of community pharmacists in Wales over the next three years.
Please confirm your places via the booking link provided above.